Saturday, October 6, 2007

BREAD

I like bread. I don't need the carbs or calories, but I like it. My mother's cornbread was always my favorite. I wish she were still with us today and she could take that old cast iron skillet out and cook some cornbread on top of the stove. O, my!

In John 6:35 Jesus told us that He is the bread of life. He had come down from heaven to be the provision of God. Just like physical bread, our spiritual bread must be bruised, crushed in the millstone. Isa. 28:28-29 Bread corn is bruised; because he will not ever be threshing it, nor break it with the wheel of his cart, nor bruise it with his horsemen. This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.

Then it must be baked in an oven.  Lev 2:4 And if thou bring an oblation of a meat offering baken in the oven, it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.

Finally, before we eat it, it is broken.  1 Cor 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

This is the miracle of the Bread of life which we have the privilege to enjoying, but at great sacrifice of the Saviour.

I like bread.

No comments: