Saturday, September 11, 2010

FAMILY CAMP 2010

Jos 5:14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
Our family just returned from attending Family Camp at Camp Victory in Somerset, Kentucky. I have always enjoyed this particular three days there. Family Camp has been a great source of encouragement to me and other members of my family. This year was no exception, I was not disappointed in the least. If ever a group of people desired to lift up Jesus Christ and worship the Lord, I certainly was with them this year. And we had a great number from our church attend, as well.
The “old timers” really knew how to worship because they learned what worship really is! We need to learn a lesson from them about true worship. No fakery, no human glorification, nothing worked up, no distraction from the real purpose of worship. As they would say, “God got on it!” You just had to be there to know and experience it. Others, like myself, have gone in years past and it has always been Holy Spirit blessed, but there was just something filling and satisfying this year that only God could supply. As my friend, Pastor George Heitman, said “I’d rather sing than grieve.” 
Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word.
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know “thus saith the Lord.”

No comments: