Tuesday, December 18, 2007

On December 15, 2007, Elisabeth Katherina Smith went home to be with the Lord Jesus Christ.


(Psa 23) A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. {2} He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. {3} He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. {4} Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. {5} Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. {6} Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Elisabeth Smith was a believer:
* She believed the Bible is the Word of God
* She believed that she was a sinner in need of a Saviour.
* She believed that Jesus Christ died for her sins, was buried and on the third day rose again, victorious of death, hell and the grave.
* She believed that Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven, and at a specific moment in time, she put her trust in Christ to save her.

How do I know this?
* She never kept it a secret what she believed.
* She did more than talk about it, she lived it.
> She was disgusted by the wickedness of the world.
> She didn’t just go to church, she enjoyed church
> There was never a time she did not say to me, “Good Preachin’”

It was my privilege to be her pastor. It was a joy to know her as a sister in Christ.

No comments: